Don’t see what you need? Contact Barbara! She can customize and develop the right workshop for you.
Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
Help participants understand the differences between their own natural approaches and others’ preferred methods of behavior. Participants take the official MBTI assessment and learn about their preferences in the four areas explored by this powerful tool. These courses offer an engaging, activity-driven environment that aids in understanding and working more effectively with different types.
- Introduction to Type
- Type and Leadership Development
- Type and Conflict Management
- Type and Stress Management
- Type and Team Building
- Type and Communication
- Type and Change Management
- Advanced Application of Type
Whether you want to improve your ability to speak and listen to others or are seeking ways to advance your career, building and refining your communication skills remains one of the highest competencies required for success in the world of leadership and management.
- Succeeding Through Positive Communication
- Persuading for Results
- The Impact of Emotional Intelligence on Communication
In a world where technology often separates us from face-to-face, interactive experiences, interpersonal skills still rank high on affecting your bottom line. Keeping and satisfying customers means training your employees on how to deal with various customer personalities and situations. Don’t let the wrong reaction at the wrong time devastate your organization.
- Developing Customer-Focused Service
- Initiating a Service Mentality For Non-Customer Service Professionals
- Customer Service in the Virtual World
When asked what they fear the most, the number one answer from most people is public speaking. Death is number two. In other words, people would rather die than speak in public. However, moving ahead in the business world requires this skill. These workshops provide concentrated instruction on creating a strong and persuasive message, eliminating distracting phrases and mannerisms, developing a speaking presence, and minimizing nervousness.
- Developing and Delivering a Dynamic Message
- Creating an Effective Visual Presentation
Most organizations promote employees for their technical skills, leaving leaders ill-prepared to effectively lead others. Disgruntled employees cite lack of appreciation and recognition from their leadership as a major reason for resigning from their jobs. Learn how to retain your workforce, not replace it, through workshops designed to help develop valuable leadership competencies.
- 5 Steps to Employee Engagement
- Team Building (Various options available)
- Navigating Conflict
- Managing an Effective Change Process
- Train the Trainer: Developing Trainers Who Teach Beyond the Training Event
- Defining Your Focus Through Vision Boarding
- One-On-One Coaching for Supervisors, Managers, or Leaders
21st century advances in technology continue to increase the business professional’s need to create successful and effective written materials. The medium may have changed, but the need to express thoughts, ideas, and information in clear, precise methods still exists, especially as our society becomes less willing to spend time reading. Taught by a published author with extensive credentials in instructional design, policies and procedures, and sales and marketing, these workshops help participants learn and explore the necessary skills to convey information in professional, yet efficient, methods.
- 5 Steps to Writing Effective Emails
- Creating Persuasive Materials
- Applying Visual Design Principles to Documents and Presentations
- Writing a Mission & Vision Statement
- Designing Instructional Materials That Work
Creative writers face different challenges and questions than business communicators. Although no one can turn you into a great storyteller, understanding and applying accepted skills and techniques will improve your writing, so you can shine as the storyteller you wish to be. Topics available for fiction and non-fiction conferences, workshops, and virtual events.
- Character Development: Using Myers Briggs to Create Believable and Multi-layered Characters
- Avoid Boring Character Development; Let’s Make Them Interesting
- He Said, She Said, Who Said? Dialogue Punctuation & Other Problems
- Dot Your I’s and Cross Your T’s: Don’t Let Errors Ruin Your Submission
- Whose Head is This? Getting Your Point of View Right
- Short & Sweet and Oh So Hard—Creating Your Pitch
Whether you have just started out in your career or are a seasoned professional, it never hurts to enhance your professional image in the business world. With extensive experience in helping others shape and mold their professional presence, Barbara designed these classes to provide a fun way to learn about yourself and discover your self-worth as an employee and individual.
- Creating a Professional Image
- Self-Esteem and Assertiveness
- Discovering Your Personal Vision Through Vision Boarding
Still struggling to get the most out of your computer software? Let Barbara’s 25+ years of experience in software training help you achieve guru status. Barbara is an award-winning instructor with Bigger Brains, and e-learning company.
- Making the Most out of: Excel, PowerPoint, or Word
- Creating Memorable PowerPoint Presentations
- Writing an Effective Blog
Experienced also in the following:
- CRM systems in Veeva/iRep, iDetail, SAP, Siebel, and Dendrite