Whether you want to improve your ability to speak and listen to others or are seeking ways to advance your career, building and refining your communication skills remains one of the highest competencies required for success in the world of leadership and management.
- Communication That Works
- Active Listening
- Persuasion & Negotiating
- Say What? Understanding the Mechanics of Communication
- Understanding Yours and Others’ Interaction Styles
In a world where technology often separates us from face-to-face, interactive experiences, interpersonal skills still rank high on affecting your bottom line. Keeping and satisfying customers means training your employees on how to deal with various customer personalities and situations. Don’t let the wrong reaction at the wrong time devastate your organization.
- Developing Customer-Focused Service
- Initiating a Service Mentality For Non-Customer Service Professionals
Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
Help participants understand the differences between their own natural approaches and others’ preferred methods of behavior. Participants take the official MBTI assessment and learn about their preferences in the four areas explored by this powerful tool. These courses offer an engaging, activity-driven environment that aids in understanding and working more effectively with different types.
- Using Your Myers Briggs Type Indicator Results (half day)
- Myers Briggs & Teams (half day)
- Myers Briggs & Communication (half day)
- Extended Myers Briggs: A Deeper Exploration into Preferences (full day)
When asked what they fear the most, the number one answer from most people is public speaking. Death is number two. In other words, people would rather die than speak in public. However, moving ahead in the business world requires this skill. Taught by a professionally trained speaker with over thirty years’ experience in public speaking, participants receive coaching on developing a strong message, eliminating distracting phrases and mannerisms, and minimizing nervousness.
- Developing and Delivering a Strong Message
- Finding Your Voice and Style (Advanced)
- Create an Effective Visual Presentation
Most organizations promote employees into leadership as a reward for excellent technical skills, leaving many supervisors and managers ill-equipped for the personal interactions necessary to effectively and efficiently lead others. Yet, employees cite lack of appreciation and recognition from their organization’s leadership as a major reason for resigning from their jobs. Learn how to retain your workforce, not replace it, through workshops designed to help develop valuable leadership competencies.
- Changing Employee Behavior (Additional consulting services available)
- Coaching & Mentoring for Effective Results
- Team Building (Various options available)
- Time Management: Finding and Fixing the Holes and Time Wasters in Your Day
- How and When to Delegate and Empower Employees
- Navigating Conflict
- Managing an Effective Change Process
- Evolving a Critical Thinking Environment
- Train the Trainer: Developing Trainers Who Reach Beyond the Training Event
- Conducting Effective Meetings: How to End the “Lost in a Meeting” Cycle
- Defining Your Focus Through Vision Boarding
- One-On-One Coaching for Supervisors, Managers, or Leaders
21st century advances in technology continue to increase the business professional’s need to create successful and effective written materials. The medium may have changed, but the need to express thoughts, ideas, and information in clear, precise methods still exists, especially as our society becomes less willing to spend time reading. Taught by a published author with extensive credentials in instructional design, policies and procedures, and sales and marketing, participants will learn and explore the necessary skills to convey information in professional, yet efficient, methods.
- Writing Effective Emails and Short Documents
- Creating Persuasive Materials
- Applying Visual Design Principles
- Writing a Mission & Vision Statement
- Designing Instructional Materials That Work
Whether you have just started out in your career or are a seasoned professional, it never hurts to enhance your professional image in the business world. With extensive experience in helping others shape and mold their professional presence, Barbara designed these classes to provide a fun way to learn about yourself and discover your self-worth as an employee and individual
- Creating a Professional Image
- Self-Esteem and Assertiveness
- Setting and Achieving Meaningful Goals
- Discovering Your Personal Vision Through Vision Boarding
- Business Etiquette: Don’t Stick Your Foot in Your Mouth
- Keeping Stress and Anger Under Control
Still struggling to get the most out of your computer software? Let Barbara’s 25+ years of experience in software training help you achieve guru status.
- Making the Most out of: Excel, PowerPoint, or Word
- Creating Memorable PowerPoint Presentations
- Writing an Effective Blog
Experienced also in the following:
- CRM systems in Veeva/iRep, iDetail, SAP, Siebel, and Dendrite